Simplified Paddle Canada - SKGABC Transfer Method
The SKGABC has developed a simplified method for Paddle Canada (PC) Sea Kayak Instructors to enter into the Alliance System. PC Instructors may use their training as an equivalent to a SKGABC training course (and may therefore challenge the appropriate level exam).
- Paddle Canada Level One Instructor Certification may be substituted for a SKGABC Level One Guide course.
- Paddle Canada Level Two Instructor Certification may be substituted for a SKGABC Assistant Overnight Guide (AOG) course.
Any certification achieved through these exceptions must be gained through successful completion of an SKGABC exam.
To complete SKGABC Certification:
- Complete SKGABC Membership Application.
- Submit membership dues: Order Form.
- Forward supporting documentation.
- Proof of Paddle Canada Level One or Level Two Instructor certification.
- VHF License (Restricted Operator Certificate (Maritime)).
- Current CPR C.
- Current First Aid Certification.
- For Level One Guide 16 hr minimum.
- For AOG 40 hr minimum.
Please send all documentation to:
or mail to:
Box 1005, Station A
Nanaimo, BC, V9R 5Z2
Achieving Level Two or Three Certification
An Assistant Overnight Guide may challenge a SKGABC Level Two or Three exam provided they have sufficient logged commercial overnight days. To qualify for a SKGABC Level 2 or 3 exam, please submit completed SKGABC Log Form, and see the Exam Days on the website.