Donetta (Daye) Cooper Hagel - Level Three Guide
I am available as a Level 3 Guide to step in to one or more programs. Please contact me to inquire.
I am a Clinical Counsellor (C.C.C. registered) and SKGABC Level 3 Guide, with over 17 years (1500 days) of professional wilderness guiding experience working with youth and adults on leadership, recreational, and educational programs.
Johnstone Strait, Broughton Archipelago, Nootka Sound, Strathcona Park, Clayoquot Sound, Barclay Sound, Southern Gulf Islands, Sunshine Coast, Howe Sound, and the Discovery Islands.
My academic and professional background includes:
- MA, Counselling Psychology
- MA, Anthropology -- 2010
- Canadian Outdoor Leadership Training -- 2010
I am also the owner/director of Mental Health Wilderness First Aid and available to provide trainings, consultation, and debriefing to individuals and organizations.
Ongoing Professional Development
SKGABC Executive Director 2015-2020
Owner-operator, Mental Health Wilderness First Aid
- SKGABC Spring Exchange 2021 - Virtual
- SKGABC Fall Exchange 2020 - blended Zoom / in-person
- SKGABC Spring Exchange 2020 - Virtual
- SKGABC Fall Exchange 2019 - Sooke
- SKGABC Spring Exchange 2019 - Haida Gwaii
- SKGABC Fall Exchange 2018 - Tofino
- SKGABC Spring Exchange 2018 - Victoria
- SKGABC Fall Exchange 2017 - Strathcona Park Lodge
- SKGABC Spring Exchange 2017 - Gabriola Island
- SKGABC Fall Exchange 2016 - Pender Island
- SKGABC Spring Exchange 2016 - Lund
- SKGABC Spring Exchange 2015 - Sooke
- SKGABC Spring Exchange 2012 - Victoria
- SKGABC Spring Exchange 2007 - Skookumchuck
- Pacific Paddling Symposium - 2017
- Pacific Paddling Symposium - 2016
- Bamfield Marine Sciences Centre for Guides weekend - Spring 2016
- SKGABC Level 3 Guide Exam - Spring 2013
- Canadian Outdoor Leadership Training - 2010
- SKGABC Assistant Guide (Level 2) Course and Exam - Spring 2005
- SKGABC Day Guide (Level 1) Course and Exam - Spring 2004