Email notification text
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO) and the Parks Canada Agency (PCA) are pleased to notify you of the following information sessions regarding the proposed amendments to the Recovery Strategy for the Northern and Southern Resident Killer Whales (Orcinus orca) in Canada.
As noted in our previous e-mail sent September 4th 2018, the amended Recovery Strategy includes identification of two additional areas as proposed critical habitat for Resident Killer Whales following recent science advice, as well as clarification of the features, functions and attributes for proposed and existing critical habitat. The proposed amended Recovery Strategy is currently posted on the Species at Risk Public Registry, and public input is being sought on Section 7 (Critical habitat) of the document for a 60-day comment period (September 4 – November 3, 2018). Input is sought via the above link or through the regional SARA program (contact info below).
The purpose of the information sessions is to provide information about the proposed critical habitat for Northern and Southern Resident Killer Whales, including the description of the science advice underlying the identification of the additional proposed critical habitat areas, and to answer questions about the proposed amendments to the document.
Locations, dates and times of these meetings are:
- Webinar 1: Tuesday, September 25th, 2018, 10 am – 12 pm
- Webinar 2: Wednesday, September 26th, 2018, 10 am – 12 pm
- Toll-free dial-in number (Canada/US): 1 877-413-4782
- Local dial-in number: 613-960-7511
- Conference ID: 5681284
Regional in-person meetings:
- Port Alberni (Best Western Barclay Hotel, 4277 Stamp Ave.): Wednesday, October 3rd 2018, 6-9 pm
- Ucluelet (Black Rock Oceanfront Resort, Ballroom, 596 Marine Drive): Thursday, October 4th 2018, 6-9 pm
Species at Risk Program
Fisheries and Oceans Canada
200-401 Burrard Street, Vancouver BC V6C 3S4