Mission / Vision Statement
The Sea Kayak Guides Alliance of BC is a non-profit society which upholds high standards for professional sea kayak guides and operators in BC. Through ongoing professional development and certification, the Alliance strives to ensure safe practices on an industry-wide basis.
To establish, promote and maintain high standards of sea kayaking safety, conduct, and representation through an alliance of professionals.
The Alliance will:
Be integral in ensuring a high quality sea kayaking environment for the benefit of all; be a supportive community of professionals acting with integrity and seeking excellence.
About the SKGABC
Since 1994 over 10,000 people have been involved with the Sea Kayak Guides Alliance of BC. There are currently over 500 active members in the SKGABC, including guides and owner/operators.
The SKGABC is proud to have 450 certified guides as members. Guides are certified to four different levels. An additional 200 guides are currently in the process of completing their certification as kayak guides.
Why become a member of the Sea Kayak Guides Alliance of British Columbia?
The Sea Kayak Guides Alliance of British Columbia (SKGABC) membership includes professional guides and operators. The SKGABC is a leader in promoting sea kayaking in British Columbia and in providing services to its members.
Some of the advantages the SKGABC offers to its membership:
- Promotion of industry recognized operating and safety standards
- Professional training and certification of guides
- A unified voice to represent the commercial sea kayak industry in British Columbia
- Access to our professional purchase (pro-deal) program, and organizational discounts with retailers, manufacturers, and service providers
- Additional low-cost training, networking, and professional development in twice-annual Guide Exchanges.
- Bonus membership in the BC Marine Trails Network through our direct partnership with them.