Coastal kayaking experience is preferable. Must be passionate about the outdoors, marine life and kayak guiding; hard working with an upbeat personality who knows how to deliver excellent customer service. Strong interpretive skills, leadership qualities and solid organizational skills. Good communicator, able to multi-task and make mature, informed decisions. You are flexible and live in the local area (Nanaimo, Nanoose, Parksville, Qualicum Beach) with availability for on-call tours as well. Self starter and most of all... energetic and enthusiastic, fit and fun!
Duties will include, but not limited to:
• Assisting lead guide in a kayak tour when group ratio is above 5:1
• Possibly assisting in multi-day expeditions
• Mostly leading tours in the beautiful and scenic Oceanside area (Parksville,
Qualicum Beach, Nanoose)… wildlife tours, sunset paddles, full moon howls
• Teaching on-water classes
• Helping prep/clean up before and after tours and multi-day adventures
• Kayak, gear and trailer maintenance
• Driving truck and trailer
• Office administration… marketing, booking trips, answering phones,… we enjoy
Adventuress is passionate about paddling and introducing people to our fabulous West Coast kayaking experience. We offer a hands-on experience for our clients kayaking in beautiful places.
Adventuress received the Trip Advisor Award of Excellence and is rated as the #1 activity to do in Parksville.
Some training and free courses are available. We will also supply a kayak and gear for you if you don't own one. This is an opportunity to meet fun people from all over the world. All the fresh air and exercise you can handle! Get to work under the eye and leadership of a professional sea kayak guide as part of an enthusiastic team who love what they do. Learn new skills, gain self confidence and increase your kayaking abilities.
Closing Date: June 1, 2021
Guiding Area: Nanoose, Parksville, Qualicum Beach, Gulf Islands
Work Term: May to October
Salary: Dependent upon skills and experience