Located in downtown Tofino right on the waterfront. The kayak shop has been the west kayaking centre for over 30years. We provide rentals, day tours, overnight and Instructional program.
We specialize in day tour programs that teach people about the area, share our passion for paddling and create memorable west coast adventures in this world class kayaking destination.
Guides who work for us need to enjoy working with a diverse mix of people, abilites and situations. Must have strong kayaking skills in level 2 waters managing currents, winds and open coast conditions. Are able to teach and share thier knowledge on kayaking and the area.
Training required to apply:
-SKAGBC level 1 minimum or equivilant
-Wilderness First Aid Training
-VHF radio licence
-Leading groups in wilderness settings
-Teaching or instructional training or experience
-Personal outdoor experience
-Education and attributes that would contribute to you as a guide
Qualities we look for in guides who work for us
1. Professionalism - This is gained through experience, training and skills gathered by understaning being a leader in an outdoor environment. Knowing how to manage people safely and build confidence in your guests.
2. Enjoy people and teaching - like to interact and share your interest for kayaking and the area with guests.
3. Interested in the natural, cultural and history of the area.
4. Good in a team environment
5. Comfortable in leadership role and giving people instruction and direction on the water and off.
6. Passionate about kayaking and being on the water.
We have staff accomadation available, provide guiding equipment if needed. We offer competitive wages depending on experience and training opportunities.
Closing Date: 2020-04-01
Guiding Area: Clayoquot Sound
Work Term: June-Sept