SKGABC Spring 2018 Guides Exchange
April 13 - 15, 2018
The Spring 2018 Exchange will be held in Victoria and hosted by Ocean River Sports!
Click on the image below to download the preliminary schedule.
Exchange Pack List
- Warm clothes, rain gear and gum boots
- Snacks for between meals and an insulated travel mug or thermos
- Your own PFD, extra wool/poly layers, booties, and immersion gear if you have them.
- It's always best to BYOB (bring your own boat) and kayaking gear if possible. If you are in need of a sea kayak or immersion gear please contact Ocean River Sports ahead of time for a great deal.
- Notebook and pens
- Sleeping bag, mat, sleep mask or earplugs, towel, and/or camping gear ... depending on what accommodation option you choose (see below).
Accommodation: Billets Available
So many guides are from the Victoria area, or have friends they may want to stay with while they're here, we are accommodating folks with a variety of options for this Exchange. Choose what fits best for you.
Option 1: Arrange your own accommodation in Victoria at your home, or with a friend!
Option 2: Not from around here? Don't know anyone in Victoria? No problem - request a billet at registration. Billet hosts are members of the SKGABC or our friends at SISKA (South Island Sea Kayakers Association) and are all volunteers. Billets may be indoor (a spare room or living room) or outdoor (tenting in a host's backyard). A neat way to connect with other paddlers!
Option 3: Rather stay downtown? The Days Inn is a short oceanside walk to Ocean River Sports. Kayaks can remain on the roof of your vehicle in their visible parking lot, or can get dropped off at Ocean River Sports if you prefer.
Exchanges are designed to be cost-neutral -- we just cover our costs. While refreshing your "ongoing training" is required a minimum of once every 3 years, we try to support our members to come to as many Exchanges as you want!
Exchange cost - earlybird fee: $125
After April 1: $135
Participation in all workshops and activities;
Special door prizes and giveaways;
Professional guest speakers and coaches;
Billet accommodation if requested;
Complimentary kayak or SUP useage from Ocean River Sports on Friday afternoon and Sunday afternoon (Saturday kayak use for nominal fee - contact Ocean River Sports directly)
Food including Friday night Neapolitan pizza and beverage reception at Ocean River Sports, Saturday breakfast and lunch, Saturday restaurant dinner and beverage, Sunday breakfast and BBQ lunch closing ceremonies;
Saturday night reception, keynote address, and door prizes.
- Cancellations 30 days prior to the Exchange start date are entitled to a full refund.
- Cancellations 15-30 days prior to start date may be refunded less a $25 administrative fee.
- Cancellations less than 15 days prior to start date will be charged for the full cost of the Exchange. However, we may transfer your fees to another SKGABC member for their attendance if you arrange this with them.
Registration opens March 5th
Participants must be current SKGABC members to register for an Exchange. Please take a moment to renew your membership if needed!
- Download the SKGABC waiver. If you are under 19, you must contact the SKGABC for an under-19 informed consent form.
Make payment via PayPal, below
|Earlybird 2018S Exchange registration|