SKGABC 2019 Fall Guides Exchange - Sooke - October 18-20, 2019
October 18 - 20, 2019
The SKGABC Fall 2019 Exchange will be held in Sooke, B.C., hosted by YMCA-YWCA Camp Thunderbird and Westcoast Adventure College!
Featured workshops (subject to change):
- Level Three Jamboree: all day Friday October 18th, a special day of advanced training with Gordon Brown - just for L3 guides!
- Race Rocks tidal currents
- Rock gardening
- Rolling clinic
- Coast Guard rescues demonstration and practice
- Mental health wilderness first aid
- Intertidal interpretive presentation
Location: Sooke, BC
- Accommodations, most meals, and some workshops hosted by the YMCA-YWCA Camp Thunderbird.
- Some workshops and the famous Saturday night dinner hosted by Westcoast Adventure College and the Stickleback Eatery.
Cost: $150 until October 10
$175 if you register October 11 and onward!
- The SKGABC Exchange is open for registration to SKGABC members. Non-members may become members simply by paying the annual membership fee.
- Cost includes meals from Friday reception dinner through to Sunday lunch, outdoor cabin-style accommodations, and all workshops.
- Please bring your own: sleeping bag, mat, and camping gear (accommodation includes unheated cabins), headlamp with extra batteries, immersion gear (wetsuit or drysuit), helmet for rock gardening and current workshops, charts/compass/notebook & pen, warm clothes, travel mug, gum boots and rain gear, kayak and kayak gear. Musical instrument or other campfire-friendly talent to show off if desired.
- Kayaks and basic kayak gear (paddle, pump, PFD, rope, skirt) are available to borrow if needed; please just indicate this at registration :)
Registration: please submit the below form including the waiver, and send an e-transfer for $150 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please remember to initial the top of the waiver, and add a witness signature at the bottom!