FULL - Level Three Exam - Tofino - May 15-17, 2020
May 15 - 17, 2020 - Clayoquot Sound
This three-day, two-night practical exam is conducted with a maximum ratio of 2 SKGABC Examiners (or 1 Examiner and 1 Trainer) : 6 candidates and takes place in the challenging class 3 waters around Tofino. Successful candidates will be granted Level Three Guide status.
Those interested in a Level Three Exam may review the qualification criteria.
Examiners: Graham Vaughan
SKGABC Level Three Exam Preparation
Step 1: review the following documents
- Exam preparation document
- Level 3 Exam -- Information & Itinerary
- Level 3 Exam -- Examinable Outcomes
- Level 3 Exam -- Assessment Form
- Chart #3673 - Clayoquot Sound, Tofino Inlet to Millar Channel
Step 2: Order your manual if you don't already have one; review theory, navigation, tides & currents, weather, and leadership skills
Step 3: Get plenty of technical practice on the water including in surf, current, and rough conditions. Consider attending an Exchange to practice with other Alliance members and coaches, take a training course, or search for other guides to brush up with on the SKGABC Facebook group.
Level Three Exam Cost:
- The Level Three Exam costs $750
- A $100 deposit is required to confirm a seat on an exam. No registrations will be taken without deposits.
- Full payment is due 30 days prior to the start of an exam. If paid in full by this time, a $50 earlybird discount will apply.
- Cancellations 30 days prior to the exam start date are entitled to a full refund.
- Cancellations 15-30 days prior to start date will lose $100 deposit
- Cancellations less than 15 days prior to start date will be charged for the full cost of the exam.
- We may cancel exams if we do not get enough registrations at least two weeks prior to the start of the exam. In the case that an exam is cancelled by the SKGABC, participants are entitled to a full refund or may transfer their fees to a future exam at no additional charge.
In extenuating circumstances, fees paid may be transferred to a future exam with a note from a physician, and/or less an administration fee, at the discretion of the Executive Director.
To register for the Level Three Exam:
- Ensure you are an up to date SKGABC Level 2 Guide (by logging in to your member profile)
- Submit (through your member profile) your up to date logbook showing required professional experience days
- Complete exam registration form
- Submit payment
Your place will be confirmed by email after your registration and payment are received.