Level Two/Three Exam - Haida Gwaii - May
May 13 - 15, 2019 - Haida Gwaii
This is a tentative exam date that is being proposed for Level Two or Level Three candidates in Haida Gwaii, immediately following the Guides Exchange. While we are waiting to confirm whether it will run, we are collecting interest in the exam. If you are interested, please let us know, as it will support us being able to run the exam.
Those interested in a Level Two or Level Three Exam may review the qualification criteria.
SKGABC Level Two or Level Three Exam Preparation
- Exam Preparation Document
- Level 3 Exam -- Information & Itinerary
- Level 3 Exam -- Examinable Outcomes
- Level 3 Exam -- Assessment Form
- Level 2 Exam -- Information & Itinerary
- Level 2 Exam -- Examinable Outcomes
- Level 2 Exam -- Assessment Form
- Chart TBD
Step 2: Order your manual if you don't already have one; review theory, navigation, tides & currents, weather, and leadership skills
Step 3: Get plenty of technical practice on the water including in rough conditions. Consider attending an Exchange to practice with other Alliance members and coaches, take a training course, or search for other guides to brush up with on the SKGABC Facebook group.
Level Two or Level Three Exam Cost:
- The Level Two Exam costs $550. The Level Three Exam costs $750.
- A $100 deposit is required to confirm a seat on an exam. No registrations will be taken without deposits.
- Full payment is due 30 days prior to the start of an exam. If paid in full by this time, a $50 earlybird discount will apply.
- Cancellations 30 days prior to the exam start date are entitled to a full refund.
- Cancellations 15-30 days prior to start date will lose $100 deposit
- Cancellations less than 15 days prior to start date will be charged for the full cost of the exam.
- We may cancel exams if we do not get enough registrations at least two weeks prior to the start of the exam. In the case that an exam is cancelled by the SKGABC, participants are entitled to a full refund or may transfer their fees to a future exam at no additional charge.
In extenuating circumstances, fees paid may be transferred to a future exam with a note from a physician, and/or less an administration fee, at the discretion of the Executive Director.
To register for the Level Two or Level Three Exam in Haida Gwaii:
- Please email email@example.com to express your interest in this exam. Registrations are not being accepted at this time; however, we are collecting interest and this will help determine whether the exam will run. Let us know if you may be interested!